Corrosive - Lucifer Gave the Faith (album review)

Corrosive
Lucifer Gave The Faith
Black Sunset / MDD
December 8th, 2017

I decided to review this album simply because I loved album cover. Then when I clicked on it, I saw the song titles. I'm like, Oh Yeah! This is gonna be fun!

1. Intro
2. Taste The Pain
3. At The Devils Door
4. My Need To Kill
5. Crown Of Bones
6. Leftovers
7. Zombie Apocalypse
8. My Eternal Hatred
9. Dead Hate Living
10. Lucifer Gave The Faith

I mean, seriously, how can you not look forward to an album with song titles like those?! so, Corrosive have been around for twenty years. How the frak did I miss them? Did you miss them? Lucifer Gave the Faith is just gobsmackingly amazing! It's death metal. But, it's so much more. It's way heavy! The drumming is sick. The guitars are blazing. It's circle pit worthy. You headbang thru the whole of the album. I swear, just listening to Corrosive's Lucifer Gave the Earth, I huge smile spread across my face. I went to my happy place.

To be fair, I've no bloody idea what they are singing about. It's as if the Klingons in the new Star Trek Discovery decided to make a metal band. That's what it sounds like. EPIC!! On all levels, Lucifer Gave the Earth is just epic! Lucifer Gave the Earth is only forty-five minutes long, but it's forty-five minutes where you are brutally happy. It's intangible. I honestly can't tell you why this is an amazing album. I can't tell you why it's so damn good. It is something that snakes its way into your synapses and rips out your cold black heart. Everything about it works on such a subconscious level. There really is no way for you not to like this album.



Comments

Popular Posts